Monday, June 04, 2007

Reflection mixed in with craziness

Finally a real post :) Yes I know it has been a while since we've actually talked about what we've been up to and how things are going. Sorry for that...

As Tyff and I get ready to celebrate our 5 year anniversary this week it just blows my mind how far we've come in that time, both in business and our relationship. I still remember back in july of 2001 painting the paneling walls of my parents basement white and getting excited about having a studio area to take indoor portraits. Compared to then, where our shooting room was a 9 x 12 room with 8ft ceilings, furniture and props everywhere and today we have been blessed with starting to out grow our 2,100 sq ft studio with 14ft ceilings. Or even the fact that Tyff and I started our business together before we were married. I know I joke around with people that the reason we made it was due to neither one wanting to give up the equipment, but we really have an odd relationship and understanding for one another. I don't think most couples could or would choose to work together day in and day out in the same room as we do.

Reflecting back on life and the trials we go through can often leave us feeling extremely humble with what blessings we have be truly been given.

I'm working up some video I took on the day Tyff was able to quit working at the bank and hopefully will be able to get it posted soon as her 1yr anniversary of quitting happened back in April... ( Sorry Tyff ) click here to get a run do of what happened on her last day.

In the mean time as August grows near I'm reposting the video our friends at Fat Cat did for me on my last day of work. You rock Fat Cat!


Ok so what have we been up to. Well everyone here at the studio amazingly survived this past weekend. Tyff & I had a Friday wedding in Wichita and with 3 hrs of sleep headed an hour and half to Salina the next day to photograph her cousin Shelby's wedding. Images and debuts to follow in the next week. The weddings were both great and we got some amazing images. I think Brett is going to need a few days off as over the weekend as he had Friday, Saturday and Sunday weddings.

1st weekend of June:
5 weddings down,
7 more to go.
Over 50 weddings yet for the year.
Capturing that one single moment for our brides?
Worth it!

We'll be posting more soon but have to get back to editing.

1 comment:

Studio Foto said...

You guys are hilarious!! I wish me and my boyfriend did something "ceremonial" when we quit our part time jobs to take the "full time" plunge into our business.. You guys remind me so much of us!! Wish we didn't live so far apart so we could meet! Oh, I have been thru Kansas though- the great plains are so lovely and mesmerizing!